Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. will use this year’s UEFA Champions League Final in Milan to host the 2016 PES World Finals of the UEFA Champions League eSports event and showcase the next addition to the Pro Evolution Soccer Franchise, PES 2017,
for the first time.
“Exclusive to Pro Evolution Soccer, it is fitting that we use the UEFA Champions League Final, the world’s greatest club competition, and the culmination of another hugely successful PES League season to reveal PES 2017
,” said Tomotada Tashiro, President at Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. “As 32 of the world’s best PES players gather to compete, our commitment to reaching new heights of realism and fun will also be demonstrated. May 27th
will be a celebration of all that is great about football – and the first showing of PES 2017
will elevate the series to a whole new level.”
The top PES players from around the world will head to Milan for a two-day competition across May 27th
, where KONAMI will also debut an early version of PES 2017
. With the previous two iterations securing the coveted gamescom ‘Best Sports Game’ accolade, KONAMI returns to the field with a game that builds on the strong on-field performance of its predecessors and with a detailed focus on control and reproducing the skills and possibilities afforded in a top-flight match.
KONAMI’s ground-breaking FOX Engine again delivers the power for a game set to hit new heights with a host of key gameplay advances. The focus of PES 2017
is the fun in playing against another player, and all the new features support this ethos. Central to the new game is ‘Real Touch’
, which authentically reproduces a wealth of ways to receive and control a pass. Different players use varying techniques and Real Touch mimics these using complex ball physics and subtle control nuances as the pass is met. The new system is then complemented with the advent of the new ‘Precise Pass
’ system. Precise Pass extends the Real Touch basis of using the ability of the player with the ball to determine the accuracy of each pass. The movement of the ball in relation to the position of the player and the intended target for the pass all contribute towards its accuracy, adding a genuine feeling of excitement when a defence is split with an inch-perfect ball. For a full listing of features and details on the newly announced PES 2017
, please visit: https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/
Taking place on May 27th
, the 2016 PES World Finals of the UEFA Champions League eSports event give two finalists an incredible opportunity to play a match pitch-side at the Stadio Guiseppe Meazza (otherwise known as San Siro) stadium, ahead of the UEFA Champions League Final. The initial heats between all 32 entrants take place at the Terrazza Martini located near the UEFA Champions League festival area. Entrants are competing for a total prize pot of 23,000 Euro, with the winner receiving 15,000 Euro and tickets to the UEFA Champions League Final, with second and third place receiving 5,000 Euro and 3,000 Euro.
Following huge growth during the 2014/15 season, PES League is truly a global tournament opening the competition to players from Peru, India, and Saudi Arabia, and hundreds of thousands of people have entered this season. French reigning champion, Rachid Tabane, will return to defend his title, having emerged victorious in Berlin last year.
PES League originally started in 2001 by KONAMI as a national tournament in France, and later broadened its scope to become a full-scale global tournament. With the PES World Finals taking place on the same weekend as the UEFA Champions League Final, it’s one of the biggest football spectacles in the world and draws a great deal of attention each year.
KONAMI will be revealing more at E3, held in Los Angeles from June 14th. More information will be released shortly.Media Contact:
Steve MerrettVoltage PRsteve@voltagepr.com
020 3372 0930About Konami Group
KONAMI HOLDINGS CORPORATION was established in 1973, and became a holding company of the Konami Group on March 31, 2006. KONAMI HOLDINGS CORPORATION covers the fields of "Digital Entertainment Business", "Health & Fitness Business", “Gaming & Systems Business" and "Pachinko & Pachinko Slot Machines Business". KONAMI HOLDINGS CORPORATION went public on Tokyo Stock Exchange in 1988 and the London Stock Exchange in 1999. Home Page URL: www.konami.co.jp
. Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. is a wholly-owned subsidiary, responsible for popular franchises like Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill and Pro Evolution Soccer amongst other top sellers. Konami Group is also the manufacturer of the wildly popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, which has sold more than 25 billion cards worldwide. For more information concerning Konami Digital Entertainment and its products, please visit www.konami-europe.com
. About UEFA
UEFA is the governing body of European football. UEFA's mission is to promote, protect and develop European football at every level of the game, to promote the principles of unity and solidarity, and to deal with all questions relating to European football. For more information, please visit UEFA.orgFACT SHEETPublisher:
Konami Digital Entertainment BVRelease Date:
PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, PC,Genre:
Sports – Football / Soccer SimulationMultiplayer:
Full 11-on-11 online, myClub (team building mode with micro-transactions)Website: pes.konami.com
; www.facebook.com/pes Pro Evolution Soccer 2017
sees the return of the multi-award winning franchise complete with an abundance of new features and quality improvements. PES 2017 aims to retain its title of ‘Best Sports Game’ for a third year, as voted across the world at games shows and by major media outlets in 2014 and 2015.
This year’s tagline (creation concept) ‘Control Reality' encapsulates the focus of this year’s product, taking the award winning gameplay to a new level by achieving interactive reality in both control and its new standard of authentic visuals. The immersion in the game presentation and interactive, tactical elements enhance the experience for the player, as the product aims to maximize the fun in playing against any player in every way. The industry leading Fox Engine again powers the series to reach new heights across the large amount of improvements, and with PES 2017 users will be able to experience real football for the first time in a video game.FUNDAMENTAL GAMEPLAY CHANGES
- KEY ADDITIONS TO THE ON-PITCH EXPERIENCEReal Touch
– See how different players control the ball in unique and different ways based on where and how you control them, dictating the flow of the game based on how they react to the unpredictable movement of the ball.Precise Pass
– Combining Real Touch and real ball physics, passing is an art form in PES 2017. Many factors determine the speed and accuracy of the ball. The pass that is made on the best situation and timing will generate a perfect trajectory, creating a great satisfaction when a killer pass is made.Authentic Visuals
– For PES 2017 the visuals have seen a major upgrade, offering Authentic Visuals thanks to the further incorporation of Fox Engine. Nothing has been left untouched, from player models, lighting, crowds, pitch and stadiums totally revamped. Never has a game looked so real.Natural Player Movement
– Hundreds of new animations have been added to bring the players and goalkeepers to life – but it doesn’t stop there. New features such as Real Touch and Precise Pass see huge benefit, giving a vast array of movements when trapping and passing the ball.Goal Keeping –
Keepers see a great jump in quality through added motions and animations, creating the most agile keepers in PES history. Attacking moments will be more dramatic than ever, bringing the best feeling of achievement when that goal is scored.Total Team Control
–Users can instantly change the attacking and defending mentality of the team, which can be tweaked and carefully controlled with simple controls, being able to immediately react to the unpredictability of the sport.Advanced Instructions
– Strategies that are quite individually defined such as Tiki-taka and heavy man-mark which is strongly based on team ideology can be set in “Advanced Instructions”, which adds a huge variety in how you plan to win.Corner Kick Control
- Control the defensive strategies on a set piece, such as marking zonal or man-marking. Offensive options also included such as specific player movement.Adaptive AI
– For the first time in a football game, the AI will learn how you play! Player and team behavior has always been a staple of the PES series and for PES 2017 Adaptive AI will change sports games forever.